Friday 13 November 2015

Looking Ahead to 2016

Our first book read for
the Fuller's Group
Feb 2016
I am looking ahead to 2016 because I am trying to ignore Christmas. I am wondering if it can sneak past me and not be noticed. Wish me luck.

I have been thinking a lot about  next year's reading goals. Since I seem to finally be  succeeding at some of my goals after 6 decades no sense in stopping now.

I have some TBR books on the shelves and of course all of my Penguin books stare at me.  I am in a book club at Fuller's book shop so that will keep me up on some of the modern literature going around.

I also have not done any Read-Alongs before.  So I am not putting up any lists yet for the coming year but I am going to dig deeper into the ideas.  I am starting with a trial run with Jane Austen's Emma in December this  year. I am looking forward to it.

Lots of penguins
marching around my house.
Some of the ideas floating around my head are.   * Read the Penguins.  Especially the ones from the 50's and 60's.  I need to fill in my Century of Books challenge more. This will be a good way to do it.

*Read the books for the book group and enjoy the discussions. This always ensures I read books I normally wouldn't choose which is always interesting.

*Join in some of the Read-A-Longs.  There are many of these that happen throughout the year from people on my Blogroll.  I have subscribed to all those listed on my blogroll so I get the emails immediately telling me when a post has come. I am finding it easier to keep up with people, allowing me to make more comments on their blog. That in turn increases visitors and conversation and that is fun.

Then I think there will be a category called Accidental Finds. These are the books you read about in someone else's blog, a review in a book, some book that flies down from the clouds and hits you in the face. The books that are "accidentally in your life".  That will offer spontaneity. 
Cousin Eddie is having his
second birthday on Sunday.
He will be 2 years old.

I think these three areas are a good starting point.

I will also continue to post up any posts re: Penguin Hunting excursions and finds.  

Of course I will keep people up on my cats and dogs as that seems to be a drawing card of interest. We all love each other's pets. 

I might put up the odd photo-art I am working on developing skills in this new found interest.  I think that sums it.

I'll include book happenings and miscellaneous events happening around me in Tasmania as I love people to learn about this state and my life here. Maybe you'll visit and allow me to show you parts of it.
Always finding something to do.

So here's for fine tuning these goals as we get closer to that magical date of 1 January, 2016.

Summary

* Book Club Books
* Accidental Books
* TBR
*Penguins
*Read-Alongs

4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that you're planning 2016 already!! I think you'll really enjoy ATLWCS too.

    I use feedly to keep track of everyone's latest posts. I can filter them into folders for days of the week or categories like Aussie bloggers, classics club folk etc. I have an app for it as well as a tab on my laptop.
    it keeps my email from overflowing :-)

    I hope to see you on some of the same readalongs next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron a, I use feed lyrics too but sometimes the little app gets lost. It is a great app though. I didn't realise you can sort things into days of the week. So many apps , so little time. Haha. I am looking forward to some read along and chatting to other bloggers☕

      Delete
  2. There is somthing missing on this blog: a little logo to say "I like".... :)
    Usually I am against readalongs and such events but if you use them to increase discussions and not to writte your own review in your corner of the world, there I agree with you. But you are quite unique then!
    And I am like you: I would like Xmas away and gone and starting a fresh new year full of re-reads and gossip^about things occurring in my life on the other side of the earth from you: http://camilledefleurville.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.I am happy to look at your blog too. I am not good at doing in depth book reviews. I do like to talk about the books though and simply pick out parts I enjoyed and to know others enjoyed the same book. Much like a big global book group. I want to enjoy reading the book without feeling I need to take lots of notes in order to get a review out of it. Others are able to do it easily appears but I am ot one of them. I hope to hear from you again, all the best for Christmas. 😁

      Delete

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.