Thursday 15 May 2014

Classic Club Spin Results

Monday was the day the Classic Club spin spun out.  It is an exercise of picking a book from a list of 20 you want to read and matching the random number to one in the list.  The number randomly chosen was Number One and on my TBR list of 20 books randomly selected for the list that book turned out to be the Letters of Rachel Henning.  This is an old Australian classic and I come across it quite often in Op shops when I am looking for vintage Penguin books. 

The Penguin version
It is one of the Australian Penguin classics and I think it might turn out to be an interesting read.  The Spin books are to have their review posted up on 7 July so I do have time to get into it. Hopefully I will enjoy it.

Are you participating in the Spin?   If so what book was your Number One on the list.



3 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book - or the author - so I'll look forward to hearing more about it. I'm not doing the spins, but I do enjoy seeing the lists of possible books, and then which ones get chosen. such an interesting variety - and I usually see something I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this woman either but it looks interesting. It must be on the school curriculum because I have come across this book a lot in second hand op shops, etc. I'll post up my review on 7 July with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new one for me, too. Will look forward to your thoughts... hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.